Sunday, December 14, 2008

Winter is here


This year I was too late to do formal Christmas pictures so at 7:30pm I made them get all dressed up and bribed them with ice cream to get a decent photo op. I got about 3 good pictures.
2 days ago it finally snowed. My girls have been waiting so long. Every morning they look out the window waiting for the snow. As soon as it snowed, Kara was outside playing. She refused to come in (except for hot chocolate and then out again). I had to force her to come inside as it was getting dark, and I was afraid she would get frost bite. Asia is not as warm blooded as Kara. She will go outside for 5 minutes and then plead to come inside.

That night the temperature dropped to the negative teens! It has been so cold. It reminds me of Seattle when the whole city shut down because of the cold and the snow. Of course no one really insulates their house in Seattle. Here everyone is still going about their day despite the ARTIC WINDS. Even church today was packed!


This fall Asia loved piling up and jumping in the leaves from our Cherry tree.



We went home for thanksgiving this year and had a blast with the whole family. I caught these picture before we left. I am sad that I am not able to go home for Christmas. I hope I will not be too homesick.









Silly kids!

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

I love the pictures! They are so fun and really capture their personalities. I had so much fun seeing you in Idaho. Too bad it was much too short. I need your address so I can send you a Christmas card.

Jessica said...

I love the picture of Asia in the leaves! and you girls could not get any cuter!